The first glimpse at the highly awaited Icon of the Seas, the Icon of Vacations, has been unveiled by Royal Caribbean International.
The first Icon Class ship, which will arrive in late 2023 ahead of its January 2024 launch, will represent the tourism industry’s first-of-its-kind blend of the finest of every vacation. With Icon, any family and adventurer may enjoy their vision of the perfect family holiday, from the beach getaway to the resort escape and the theme park adventure.
Vacationers may book their historic voyage on Royal Caribbean’s website starting on Tuesday, 25 October, while Crown & Anchor loyalty members will have special access beginning on Monday, 24 October.
“With each new ship, we set the bar in the travel industry while improving on what our guests know and love,” said Royal Caribbean Group President and CEO Jason Liberty.
“From the minute guests come on board, every experience is tailored to provide them with the finest holiday possible, both on land and at sea.” We’ve taken this to a new level with Icon of the Seas, creating the perfect family holiday.”
Whether “family vacation” means travelling away as a family, couple, or group of friends, Icon’s all-encompassing lineup has something for everyone, including firsts and next-level favourites. There are adrenaline-pumping thrills, including the largest waterpark at sea, and unparalleled ways to relax, including more ocean views and pools – one for each day of the week – than ever before, as well as a mix of more than 40 new and returning dining, bar and nightlife options, and cutting-edge entertainment.
“Icon of the Seas is the result of more than 50 years of delivering unforgettable experiences, as well as our next bold commitment to individuals who love to cruise,” said Michael Bayley, president and CEO of Royal Caribbean International. “Families and friends emphasise experiences where they may bond and enjoy their travels now more than ever.”
We set out to build a holiday that provides all that in one location for adrenaline seekers, chill enthusiasts, and everyone in between without compromising. This one-of-a-kind mix makes Icon the future of family holidays, and that future has arrived.”
The first glimpse at eight communities that come alive day and night, featuring five brand-new excursions and three bold, returning favourites, is released by Royal Caribbean. Each one is a destination in and of itself, offering a variety of events, live entertainment, and places to eat and drink, allowing everyone to create memories their own way every day.
Ways to Play in Five New Communities
- Excitement Island – At the centre of thrill, visitors may challenge their boundaries, scale new heights, and achieve peak speeds. Highlights of this deserted island trip include Category 6, the largest waterpark at sea, with six record-breaking slides: The industry’s first open free-fall slide, Pressure Drop, with a 66-degree slope; the 46-foot-tall Frightening Bolt, the largest drop slide at sea; Storm Surge and Hurricane Hunter, the first family raft slides at sea with four riders per raft; and Storm Chasers, cruising’s first mat-racing duet. With Crown’s Edge, living on the edge takes on new meaning. It’s half skywalk, part ropes course, and part thrill coaster. It culminates in a stunning, unexpected moment that sends visitors swinging 154 feet over the ocean.
- Chill Island – Four of the seven pools on board are located on this three-deck paradise. The line’s first swim-up bar at sea, the colourful Swim & Tonic; Royal Bay Pool, the largest pool at sea; Cloud 17, an adults-only refuge; and the calm, infinity-edge Cove Pool are all available. In addition, The Lime & Coconut, Royal Caribbean’s first frozen cocktail bar, returns with four locations.
- Surfside – Introducing a neighbourhood designed from the ground up for young families, where adults and children aged six and younger will want to remain and play all day. Adults may enjoy the endless vistas from Water’s Edge pool while keeping an eye on the youngsters in Splashaway Bay and Baby Bay. Dining options, lounge areas, a bar, the famous carousel, an arcade, Adventure Ocean, and Social020 for youths are just a few feet away.
- The Hideaway – Tucked away 135 feet above the ocean, this neighbourhood mixes the good vibes of beach club scenes worldwide with the uninterrupted ocean views that only a ship can provide. The world’s first suspended infinity pool is at the heart of it all, encircled by a multilevel sun deck with whirlpools, a choice of seats, and a dedicated bar.
- AquaDome – Located at the summit of Icon, this transforming space is unlike any other. During the day, visitors may enjoy surrounding ocean views and an awe-inspiring waterfall while enjoying a snack or drink in a peaceful paradise. By night, it transforms into a busy nightlife destination, equipped with restaurants, clubs, and the cruise line’s signature aqua entertainment at the next-level AquaTheater. The flagship entertainment venue pushes artistry and cutting-edge technology to new heights with a morphing pool, four robotic arms, state-of-the-art projection, and more.
Playing Options in Three Familiar Neighbourhoods and Favourites
With each of its hallmark neighbourhoods, the cruise line has pushed the bar even higher: A grander Royal Promenade offers first-floor-to-ceiling ocean views, as well as more than 15 restaurants, cafes, bars, and lounges; a more lush and livelier Central Park offers more ways to dine and be entertained; and the largest Suite Neighbourhood is four decks of luxury, offering a multilevel suite sun deck – The Grove – with a private pool, whirlpool, and dining, as well as a two-story Coastal Kitchen Returning favourites include fresh twists on mini golf at Lost Dunes, rock climbing at Adrenaline Peak, and Absolute Zero, Royal Caribbean’s largest ice arena, as well as dining options including Giovanni’s Italian Kitchen & Wine Bar on the Royal Promenade and the Asian-inspired Izumi in Central Park.
With 28 different ways to stay, even the rooms are deliberately created to accommodate every style of vacationer. Come one, come all with more options, ocean views, and space.
The Family Infinite Balcony and Surfside Family Suite – with kid’s alcoves nestled away from the grownups – and the three-story Ultimate Family Townhouse, replete with its white picket fence and mailbox – are new plans designed for families of three, four, five, and more. Regarding vistas, the brand’s first Sunset Corner Suites and Panoramic Ocean Views in AquaDome are among the best.
The introduction of Icon Class will also be the first and the next stage in Royal Caribbean’s transition to a clean-energy future. The Icon will be the cruise line’s first ship to use fuel cell technology and will be fueled by LNG, the cleanest-burning marine fuel.
The new ship will be the cruise line’s most sustainable to date, thanks to proven applications such as shore power connection and waste heat recovery technology.
The bold, new vacation standard extends to the home away from home for people at the heart of Icon – the crew. Their living and working environments have been rebuilt with more intuitive design, facilities, rooms, and activities, including a new, patented stateroom designed by the crew for the crew.
The Icon will sail 7-night Eastern and Western Caribbean vacations from Miami all year. Every voyage will stop at Royal Caribbean’s top-rated private island destination, Perfect Day at CocoCay, The Bahamas, where guests may design their perfect holiday day. From Thrill Waterpark’s 13 waterslides, including the largest in North America, to Coco Beach Club, which has The Bahamas’ first overwater cabanas, and Up, Up & Away, a helium balloon experience, there’s something for everyone.
When Icon comes, the cruise company will unveil Hideaway Beach, the island’s adults-only hideaway with an immense pool, private cabanas with pools, and unrivalled views of the ocean colours. Vacationers will also visit Cozumel, Mexico; Philipsburg, St. Maarten and Roatan, Honduras.