Celebrity Cruises has announced that the fifth ship in its award-winning Edge Series will be named Celebrity Xcel, carrying on the unique experiences enjoyed on her sister ships while also going above and beyond for an unmatched premium holiday experience.
Celebrity Xcel, the fifth vessel in the brand’s award-winning Edge Series, will be in a league of her own when she debuts in Winter 2025.
The announcement was made at the shipyard Chantiers de l’Atlantique in Saint-Nazaire, France, where executives from Royal Caribbean Group, the world’s leading family of cruise holiday brand that includes Celebrity Cruises, and the shipyard cut the first piece of steel for the new ship.
“The Edge Series has shattered preconceived notions around cruising, and I am thrilled to announce our next bold step as a brand with Celebrity Xcel,” said Laura Hodges Bethge, President of Celebrity Cruises. “True to her name, this next ship will ‘Xcel’ beyond her sister ships with entirely new experiences, yet to be revealed, but that will change the game all over again.”
Celebrity Xcel will make her Caribbean debut in November 2025, operating from Fort Lauderdale on 7-night itineraries that alternate between the Bahamas, Mexico, and the Cayman Islands, as well as Puerto Plata, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten. Sailings are now open for sale.
Celebrity Xcel, like her sister ship Celebrity Ascent, which will launch later this month, will immerse guests in the breathtaking environment around them like never before. With such different characteristics and spaces as:
- The Retreat, an exclusive resort-within-a-resort area for suite guests, highlighted by a two-story sundeck;
- Accommodations for today’s modern tastes, from modern two-story villas with private plunge pools to staterooms with infinite verandas, blurring the boundaries between indoor and outdoor living;
- An expanded Rooftop Garden and stunning Resort Deck featuring unique cantilevered float pools;
- A multi-level, multi-terraced Sunset Bar redefining the ship’s aft;
- A Daniel Boulud fine-dining restaurant at sea;
- Live entertainment and activities creating the best date nights and days at sea;
- A boldly redesigned Grand Plaza spanning three decks, creating an airy and open indoor space;
- And, the return of the Magic Carpet, an engineering feat soaring cantilevered above the sea, offering guests uninterrupted vistas while sipping cocktails or having dinner.