MSC Cruises opened sales for the MSC World Cruise 2026, which features an exciting new itinerary onboard the beautiful MSC Magnifica, with embarkation options from four European ports – Civitavecchia for Rome, Genoa (Italy), Marseille (France), and Barcelona (Spain) on January 4, 5, 6, and 7, 2026, respectively.
The new 119-day itinerary will visit 47 stunning destinations in 32 countries, with seven overnight stays in must-visit places and full-day stays in all other calls along this once-in-a-lifetime journey. The four-month voyage will cover 36,000 nautical miles, crossing the Equator twice, visiting various fascinating places, and checking multiple items off guests’ bucket lists.
This brilliant itinerary will satisfy guests’ wanderlust and take them on an unparalleled journey. It will introduce them to new sites, sounds, tastes, and traditions covering five continents, from incredible natural wonders and renowned historical sites to vibrant cities and cultural hubs.
The journey begins in some of Europe’s renowned cities in Italy, France, Spain, and Portugal before continuing to the Caribbean and Central America, where guests experience colourful, vibrant cities and stunning landscapes.
MSC Magnifica will next sail to the United States West Coast, where she will spend more than a month in the Pacific Ocean, with overnight stops at San Francisco, Honolulu, Auckland, and Sydney, all of which are known for their incredible natural splendour, fashionable yet laid-back cities, and amazing beaches. Guests will next spend three weeks discovering Asia’s diverse cultures, with stops in world-renowned vibrant cities such as Tokyo, Shanghai, and Hong Kong.
Finally, guests can experience further culturally rich destinations, including Dubai and Oman, before returning home via Greece.
The 2026 MSC World Cruise highlights include:
- Puerto Limon, Costa Rica: Costa Rica’s largest city, Puerto Limon, is the perfect starting point for adventurous explorers. Upon arrival, guests can board a specially customized boat that will take them through the Tortuguero Canal and waterways that run along Costa Rica’s Caribbean coastline, with an abundant rainforest full of lush vegetation boasting orchids, water lilies and colourful wildlife like toucans and monkey. Puerto Limon’s oldest neighbourhoods are also full of Afro-Caribbean culture, where guests can wander through houses built on stilts and banana and cassava plantations before watching local dancers sway to Caribbean rhythms.
- San Francisco, United States: One of America’s most iconic cities in Northern California, San Francisco is known for its breathtaking bay, Fisherman’s Wharf, cable car system and Golden Gate Bridge, surrounded by mystical year-round fog. From the pier, guests can depart along the Embarcadero towards downtown San Francisco, then up to the centre of town via Market Street to discover the top of one of the Twin Peaks, where they will discover a tranquil escape from the bustling city centre and outstanding views of the bay and downtown.
- Honolulu, Hawaii: A top destination on many travellers’ bucket lists, the capital of Hawaii on the beautiful island of Oahu is the ideal spot for sunbathing, enjoying traditional Hawaiian food and discovering the history of the island. With two days docked in the city, guests will have ample opportunity to explore a variety of historic sites on the island, including Pearl Harbor, made famous by the Japanese Air Force attack in 1941.
- Auckland, New Zealand: This stunning city on New Zealand’s picturesque North Island is known as the ‘City of Sails’ with its celebrated yacht-filled harbour. The dreamy city offers beautiful vineyards to explore, a collection of beaches to relax on and exciting experiences like visiting the Waitomo Caves.
- Sydney, Australia: A hub of lively culture, Sydney boasts an appealing blend of Victorian-era buildings and modern architecture. Guests can discover the city’s centre in the South Shore – a busy waterfront area with a variety of attractions to explore, including the Sydney Opera House and the expansive Royal Botanic Gardens to the east of Sydney Cove and the historic area of The Rocks to the west. Before departing, guests can enjoy a visit to Sydney Harbour Bridge, one of the largest steel-arch bridges in the world.
- Tokyo, Japan: A multifaceted city with futuristic skyscrapers contrasted by historical monuments and lush parks, Tokyo has it all. Guests will enjoy world-class art, music, design, shopping, and theatre, with something for everyone. For an escape from the city, The Hamarikyu Gardens offer a green contrast to the skyscrapers. A visit to the moated Imperial Palace will transport guests to another time period.
- Shanghai, China: This great metropolis serves as one of East Asia’s leading business cities, full of skyscrapers, gleaming shopping malls, prestigious art centres and the world’s longest subway system. Guests can revel in the myriad of celebrity restaurants, designer flagship stores and the glamour of this modern city.
- Da Nang, Vietnam: Overlooking the mouth of the river Han, Da Nang is one of the country’s economic, cultural, and artistic hubs. A visit to the Da Nang Museum will showcase the surrounding area’s history. Guests can discover the tallest Buddha in Vietnam at the famous Linh Ung Pagoda, known for the scale and quality of its architecture.
- Singapore, Singapore: The variety of original ethnic enclaves throughout Singapore contain unique culture and period architecture, from curry houses and garland-sellers in Little India, calligraphers in Chinatown and stores selling fine clothes and curios on Arab Street. Old Singapore also offers a variety of museums and cultural centres to be explored, including the National Museum, which recounts Singapore’s story; Chinatown Heritage Centre; and Baba House, which celebrates the country’s Baba-Nonya heritage.
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates: Balancing future and tradition, Dubai’s turquoise sea landscapes and warm desert sands serve as a beautiful backdrop to some of the world’s tallest buildings and bold architecture. Guests will find the city’s traditional roots at vibrant old-fashioned souks and discover glittering shopping and dining options that are well-known worldwide.
- Heraklion, Greece: Crete’s capital is full of ancient Greek history waiting to be discovered. The mythical Palace of Knossos is made up of over 800 rooms to wander through, and the Palace of Phaestos serves as a jewel of the Minoan civilization, rich with mythology. Guests can take a step back in time in this stunning historical Greek destination.
Benefits when booking:
- 15 shore excursions are included in the booking price
- A dining and drink package is included for all World Cruise passengers
- 30 per cent discount on laundry
- Classic level MSC Voyager Club members and above will benefit from a 5 per cent discount on their booking price. The points gained from the World Cruise will be tripled and added to their account before the start of the voyage, instantly granting them valuable privileges and extras.